Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vandhana Chothyam chinthyam

In my Childhood, I was curious to hear His Miracle stories
In my Teenage, I was curious to Listen His Parables
In my Youth, I am curious to meditate His Questions….

(To Peter, he asked Do you Love Me..?)

Dear JY,
There was a heavy rain in the morning on that day… (Those days I was working in Alind.) I was seeing the beauty of the rain, falling through the window…Took one three fold black umbrella and went out of my small room.. to take one Hot Tea. Before opening the ‘Kuda’, big drops of water fell on my forhead..I weared my sandals and walked along by the side of the muddy road…to Gopi ‘Muthalaali’s T’shop, Gopi; a victim of globalization and liberalization… (When new shops came, tough to survive… His worry)

“Chetta, oru chaya, Medium Mathi ketto”…I opened one Manorama newspaper, reading along with the hot tea…In the middle I looked outside…small school going girls…koottam koottam aayi…some on foot ..Some by ‘Ladybirds’…very cute to see them with red ribbon on their hair…Again I went back to reading...looked for the news where I was stopped earlier…

Again I was disturbed in reading by the sound of a “Cycle falling’ and a cry of a girl..i went out of the T’shop to see what had happened…Njan Kanda visual ithaanu…”Cycle roadil kidappundu…athinte mukalil penkutty(karayunnu)… oru steel vessel lied on the road and milk was flowing along with the rain water”…One old man helped her to stand up from the road…

“karayanda…Onnum pattiyillallo” I told her…still the eyes was rolling down …by the fear of her Mother’s word. ”Milma boothil kodukkanda Paalayirunnu” .I took her cycle up and went along with her to her home…On the way I asked her whereabouts…. She told me “Vandhana, sixth stdil padikkunnu…NSS inte schoolil, Ivide adutha veedu”…She asked back..”Chetta oru 25 rupees yedukkan undo”.. “Abatham aayallo Thamburaane”….I want to give to my mother for Milk.. Ente pocket keeri ennu paranjaal mathiyallo…

After two days I saw her…on her cycle, riding with one hand and holding the milk on other hand (Pinne engane cycle mariyaathirikkum)… when she saw me…she pressed on the bell too and asked…”Chetta Engotta”…”Ivide vare”

On that evening, she stopped her cycle behind me and asked."Engotta” , Oh Vandhana…Njan Parumalakku’….
“Then I’ll drop u there up to Junction…’ ‘Enne Thalli idaan alle…’she smiled and rode her way…

Two days after, in the morning, I saw her on the same ladybird….she was on her way to her school…dress up on her uniform, Navy-blue skirt and white shirt…
Again she started with the usual word…"Chetta, Engotta?”

I had a practice of going to church in the evening when I was in Alind…(Chumma, No other time pass..so…) On that evening too I went to the parumala church…I knelt down and closed my eyes…I faced the same question…”Subin, Engotta”.. (From inside…) I tried to hear it again…”Engotta nee….”I tried to find out some real answers to the question….Really where are you going..? I started to meditate … (Answers to the small questions are always a tough task)…Where is your life heading towards… Am I going straight…! Subin are you walking on a straight line…Are you plain & Straight in thoughts, words and deeds……. Reality is always Shocking (heard, first time from Jimesh)

At the end, I read from the Bible, which lied on the side bench there…The Voice from the Desert….Voice of John

“Valanja Vazhikal Nere(str8) aakkuka…”Axe is put under the tree which is not bearing Fruits…..Ente Daivame…(cheriya oru njettalode, I read the passage)

Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin

Last December I went to Alind to see my old colleagues…on the way back to home, I alighted at Vandhana’s home…I kept two pieces of ‘Kitkat’ for her…She was standing by the side of the front door… “Engane undu padutham….Thante Cycle yevide…”.when she was replying to me, I gave the Kitkats to her…and later said bye to her.

When I walked back to my vehicle…She asked from the behind….
“Chetta, iniyum engotta…?”.”Nere veettilekku…”

No comments: