Thursday, August 14, 2008

Proverbs 17:22

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

Dear JY,

Our House is residing beside one crowded town...When we had started to live there, it was a little bit tough to bear the noises n the rush...Later we had to tolerate with it...(Like one short Joke, A man came to one palmist...” As per palm lines, for the next thirty years you would earn for your living by begging...” “After that Njan rekshapedum alle....”Oh After that, you never feel bad, Pinne it will become a habit).... Almost all the Govt offices are located in our neighbourhoods. ... Athil, Police station is nearer to us...Oru nearly two hundred mtrs from my home...So in those years, we had a feeling that our property and life were very secure..So my mother gave thanks to God to get a house near to the ‘Adoor Station...’(But I had a little fear in my school days to go on way infront of the station....there was a base for my fear..Once Police njangalle ittu townilkoodi onnu odichittundu. ..A Strike related to Load shedding...)

However, Sometimes we would see on the road that some thieves were escaped from their hand and running with life...Sometimes this people walked through our ‘parambu’ like some strangers... we would think may be some wayfarers ,When we looked them sharply..they were accelerating their speed...Pirakaale da varunnu Police...njangallud e parambikkude. ...(Adoor ningale kaal valiya kallan maaro,Sorry Njan kallan aayathu 20 years kazhinja.... Ithu athinu munpulla katha aanu)

On One Saturday.......I came out of my house by hearing the big roaring of a person...”Thief, Thief”..I went to the road...I saw that man who was running with the loud sound...When he crossed me..I asked to him where is the thief..He pointed his hand to the front...and then he ran fast...A group of people was running behind him....I again asked to them...Where is the thief... “Mone,Ah ‘Kallan’ ‘Kallan’ ennu vilichondu odunnavana Kallan...!” Ah ha Athrakku aayo....I also joined with the gang...
(You know people, A few like me in the society is like this...... They are behaving like a Moral police....They are holy with words But.....Sheep skinned wolves...Now more of these species are settled in the field of Arts n Literature.. ..)

After my college days, I spend my days to reach out to the nearby JY groups...Usually I asked a question to the groups, What your parents and friends would tell about you, If you die today!...Are you a curse or a blessing! Recently I heard a joke related to the subject...

An young employee called to his Boss house...His wife afraid to take the call, He asked where is the boss...She told He died last week..Oh..
He called on the next morning...Madam, Where is the boss, She told again He died on last week...
He continued to call her for two more days...
Madam, Where is the boss..She got too much angry, I told you that he died on last week..Then why you are asking again and again

Yes Madam I know he died one week back......Then. ...... (Silence)
Madam, I loved to hear it again and again that he died on last week!!

Once Jeevajyothi achan visited our group...In the middle of the speech he told a joke regarding White lies....Once a group of children were playing..... For telling one lie, children will give one mango each to the opponent...Game became very hot...children were telling some lies even more than my boss...On that way a priest came, He understood this game is not good...So he called the the children near to him and told this is bad habit ...You know, Till now I didn’t tell any lie....Ithu kettathum ,children gave their full bunch of fruit to the Priest and Told We never saw such a great lie teller....
In my hand, a cover of Mangobyte sweets, Njan Achane thondi....then gave it to him(like that children did)...Achanu athu ishttapetto illayo Hmm...... Ariyilla .....
A person’s quality in spirituality can weigh by hearing their Jokes...Like our cardinal Padiyara...Marthoma Metropolitan,

Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin Mathew George

Wedding Cake
A couple was arranging their wedding and asked the bakery to inscribe the wedding cake with 1 John 4:18 which reads “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.” The bakery evidently lost, smudged or otherwise misread the noted reference, and beautifully inscribed on the cake John 4:18 ... “For you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband.”

No comments: