Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Earth Song

How generous you are, Earth,and how strong is your yearning for your children
……………………………………………………………
We extract your elements to make cannons and bombs,but out of our elements you create lilies and roses.

Gibran

Dear JY

‘Chandran’ Chettan

In 1990’s Government of Kerala blessed us with power cuts and Load shedding. Load shedding in the night was very comfortable to us;Usually we got together behind the home(There was a small courtyard)…I was always trying to sit near to one small square pillar which supports our tile roofed house…Mother & sis would sit at steps just outside of one door and my brother was laid on the verandah. There, we started to untie our all School stories before Amma… Mother had brought some “mixture’ from the shop to put some spice in our talks….She would tell some comforts, advises, thoughts, Her past stories…Mean while I took half of the mixture and put it in my mouth,and would have made the sound kara mura..kara mura(Sound of mixture eating) But you know people, How the nature was set for us on those nights…
A cool breeze from the west may touch our faces and filled a sweet fragrance between us… the coconut tree, beside our home would swing in the breeze…Night was baptized in the moonlight… we could see the Moon through the leaves of the trees… A serene silence may play in our hearts…God Set the Nature for us to make our heart much lighter and fonder…

Mazha…Thulli

On those Monsoon months,….I loved to stand at the Verandah to see the Beauty of Rain fall…I stretched my hands and collect the rain water in my palm…My brother pushed me from the back ..Oho…I can’t write down the feeling of the first fall of water on my face…I pulled my brother to the rain and we both started to play in the muddy water…
“Eda Anusaranam kettavanmaare… pani(fever) pidikkumeda…After hearing the warning from her, we ran towards the road to expose more to rain…Rain, Rain Come again…

On one rainy day we went to our paddy fields to see what happened to our crop cultivation…. The Situation was heart breaking..You know,water was at the top of the paddy…we got so worried…Me and our cousins decided to break the ‘Mada’(construct with stones and have one small pipe in between) to emptying the water…At last we were successful and walked back to the home as if like some Body builders…We told ‘what all things we did at the field to the Grand father…
“Eda Yeranamkettavan maare…I put around 1000 rupees to construct the ‘Mada’…Nee yellam koodi…..” Ayoo…We ran out to the Rain again…

(Ajjo, Do you remember the ‘Golf’ play in the college ground on that rainy Day
Josh, Remember our cricket match under the Heavy Rain)

Hey, Now I know the meaning and even the feeling of Spiritual rain prophesied by Prophet Joel…

Tree of life…

His parables are the statements of his affection and awareness on the nature…It was very clear in the Gospel of St.John…I seriously meditate ‘Tree’ for the first time in Proffessional Conference’03. .What a beautiful concept and simily with man…In that workshop…..asked to meditate Roots, Branches, Stems, Fruit, leaves…In Pslams 01:03 ,there is a life changing Wish …. “ He is like a TREE planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf doesnot wither.Whatever he does prosper”

My English professor D.Mathews wrote a book on Trees which are mentioned in the Holy Bible…Book’s name is ‘Lebanonile Devadhaaru’… Do you know the beauty of ‘Devadharu Trees’…Hey find out and share

I know, I didn’t plant even more than ten trees in my lifetime..I don’t feel much pain on that.(Since I don’t know the value of trees) When I was in home for the last vacation. She asked me “Mone ..Nammude padinjaare(west) parambil oru pathu Vazha(plantain) Nadada…” “Ammo, where is our spade?...” She was very happy by my enquiry...Then I put one new dress and ran(escaped) towards the town for one tea and evening chat with friends…

Puzhayum Kadal Ammayum
River sides were the curdle of life for all civilizations… standing at the side of the ‘Puzha’ and hearing its music is always a heart warming…I still remember the water trip through the river Periyar, We took one small ‘Vallam’ and kayak by ourselves….a great voyage through the hand streams …a great feel of stillness. Biblical Concept of river is the flow of life…

Meditate Sea….The Sea gives us an inspiration to ‘fight back’…When one wave dies off…A thousands of other waves are raising up….A good scene which reminds our strength to come up…’Nature’ has a healing touch like ‘Time…’Hasn’t it!

We can find a rich wisdom related to Nature from the Bible…Learn from the Ant (Solomon’s proverbs), Providence and caring of God (Eagles, Chronicles) …Lilies in the field…the Vine and the Branches (Christ),

How much do we blessed with Nature…Scenic beauty of Sun rise and sunset... Infinite limits of blue sky, (Nature tells us to be wide like a blue sky…) Green extravaganza of Planet Earth…Rich life of brown soil (Just listen what Khalil told… “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”) Immense life under and above water… Dead silence inside the deep forest….Leaf shedding seasons of autumn (I want to walk along the walkways in between the trees in an autumn month…). Fruitful month of springs( I’m getting the smell of Mangoes, Now)…Who will forget the December snow …Hey, just want to swing on the Mango tree branches again…would like to swim again in the village pond. and in our college’s. I want to walk along the seashores on bare foot…Truck again the hilly stations of Kothamangalam.

A real truth is ….all elements in the nature is an inside possibility of us …There is River inside,Sea inside,Night inside,Seasons inside,Sun inside….Yes ,I’m the Universe.

I believe, A person who is having spirituality, keeps relation with God, Man and Nature.. Lord, I’ve a confession today, All my relations are ruptured. Have Mercy


Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin

We planted twenty Coconut buds around our premises.. Even after ten years,we didn’t get any thing from them for our daily needs…In the morning I used to have a small ‘Iyyam’ visit..When I am seeing the fruitless trees ,I would touch on the tree and prayed
“Lord …Ithinte Mandari matti Thengine(coconut) fruitful akkaname…”

Now ,you know…same old ‘Iyyam’ visit I have. But with one axe…When I am seeing any Mandari thengu,I cut down without mercy…On the way, I would give one cut on the Nalla vriksham too…”Ammo, iniyum yethu maram vettanam!”, Like a Velichapaadu, Deviye!

An Attitudinal Shift

I forgot the smell of roses, lilies and even the taste of mangoes….I deserted from the Mother Earth

No comments: