Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gem In the Dust

Peter said to jesus, “ Rabbi, it is good for us to be here.Let us put up three shelters-One for you,One for Moses and one for Elijah”............ ......... ......... ......... .........
..As they coming down the Mountain.... ......
Mark 9:5

Dear JY
We alighted to Manama city at 3:00 pm. outside was a little bit humid. Air was hot. But mind was much happy..that i expressed in my face while I stepping down the Bus...Since there would be no work pressure for the coming days...Besides Me,three others were there to spend our Ramadan holidays... Two Kannadiga friends, Both from Karwar and another Keralite...I put my ‘Police’ fooling Glass(childhood pronunciation) ..and walking like Mark of ‘Westlife’...We searched for one moderate hotel... after had a light snacks from one Kerala Hotel...(I ordered Steam cake(puttu) and pazham..His face expression told me.. “ Ninte oru Puttum pazhavum,ithokke kazhikkan aayirunnegil Nattil ninnal porei”...So I changed the mind to Chicken Burger...I widely Opened the mouth for the first bite...very tough to insert the bun ...To relieve the pressure of mouth, I widely opened the eyes too...All vegetables and chicken round started to fall down...I used my two hands to support the Burger..Somehow i managed ...After the effort, My mouth was opened like a cave for five minutes..sprain. ..)

Near to Manama city, we got one Hotel..Four, planned to stay together...After a while we decided to go outside for a City visit....(I’ve a small plan to attend one Malayalam Mass.).But my friends deviated their to the Attached Bar of the Hotel...Unfortunate ly,I was in the middle of the gang...So i couldn’t escape from my friends....I felt strange inside the bar....1)Hall is too dim to see the people..2)All Harami Saudi Muslims were there in the Bar 3)Drinks were serving by Girls...(Malayalle Manga yum undu ..Hmm)

We four sat together...Near to One Arabic, who was singing Hindi songs...Loud noise every where... My mind was disturbed... I was searching for one good reason to escape....(Thaan Athigam punyavaalan chamayanda). ..One (Bar)Girl came near to us...and started to take the order...Three were discussing what to take...mean while she introduced herself... Negette,Ethyopian. ... Her eyes was deep like an ocean and her face still shows the innocence of a child...

After few min: she left with the order...Subin what you are taking, one among us enquired..I told “I’m making up my mind....” One idea flashed to my mind..I opened my Mobile and Turned ON my ringtone...“Boss, I have a call...I’ll come...” I left (escaped) from the place to see the city and the church... I called on their mobile to inform...

I walked alone by the side of the Gold city ..How fast people are changing their mind and words... i told to myself while walking.. went inside one Mall ...Mouth looking thanne...enquired about church to some people....In Ubedhya, there is one church(they don’t know of which denomination) ...I took one Taxi...he dropped me near to the church... English mass was going on...Very beautiful RC church with good painted glasses...I sat back of the church..and listen the Bible reading...A good crowd were there..very happy to see different race of people coming together to worship...Mass ended at around 7:00pm...I went out of the church after having a small thanksgiving prayer...So cool inside...I went out of the church courtyard and waited the signal for pedestrians. ...walked back to my hotel...Vayaru vishannu thudangi...I looked for a moderate Hotel; Waiter told” chicken Burger, But afraid to try another Burger...Sprain,I directly went to my room..Room was locked...I searched in the Reception... She pointed towards the Bar...Again visited the dark room...Inside the Bar, They were on the same chair....Aadi. .Aadi...’Still you, people didn’t leave ’....“ To where?”...I kept silence...I saw an unforgettable incident from there...Imp of an Arabic old man came out ...called a girl for immoral ...You know, How beautifully Negette escaped from him...without making much scenes...I showed my Right ‘Thumps Up’..She put one smile on her face...she came near to us after sometime...& told “people were blind...”..I know ,By doing this Job, How people are looking on us...But anyhow I want to strive for the survival of my family...” A victim of circumstances! ....A GEM in the DUST.... Enikku,Avalude munpil karam koopi pidichu nilkkan thonni....

Next day, we vacated the room....while going back we searched her in the Hotel to say Bye(She impressed us that much by the words!).... I wished “See you, somewhere else better than here...”...She put a cute smile...
People, Scene of a valley is very beautiful to our eyes...In biblical Point of view...Concept of Valley is related to the situation of a Sinner...(Even though I walk through the VALLEY of the shadow of death...Psalms 23:4)...It is very comfort to proclaim The Gospel on the Mount....But Gospel is for the Valley....eventhoug h it is Dark like a Bar...
Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin

Eldose chettan,My lime juice shop owner; I always had a fight with him....Chetta, Why you are selling this ‘Shambu’,Thambaakku & Manik chand Mijaam Paaku...Alla chettan oru Christian alle...
Mone, I will stop this, If you give me a better alternative. ..Do you know, b’cos of this business only ..I’m surviving... I’ve two children and a wife....I was helpless on his Reply...People, suggest some better alternatives for the worker’s in the Toddy shops, For Bar Girls.....
A basic crisis of a Nation....Poverty, It leads people to do any sort of Job...

No comments: