Sunday, July 6, 2008

Saturday,A good day

You often Say, “I would give, but only to the deserving”
The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.
They may give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish...

Dear JY
During my school days, every day, except Saturday we used to ask to our Mother...”Innu Saturday alle...” Alla...Nasham. Only on Saturdays ,Amma had the time to teach us...So she woke up early and called us....Believe it or not, I used to wake up at 4:00 am on Saturdays... My Brother was a lazy Boy...He didn’t wake...When i was starting to study..He would tell”Balarama Vayikkathe Vannu Urangada”...( Really in my textbook there was no Balarama, Alla ee ‘Balarama’ ennu paranjaal Balaramante Sister aano!).Then Mother would come with a Jug of Black coffee...Then she would start to teach us...”1st person singular, 3rd person plural....I have...He has.... They
have.....”. A very boring Morning...So i told to her..”Amma njan kedannondu kelkkaaam”... Then i was slowly slipping to sleep...Then for one hour....”Ammaye kettipidichu oru urakkam” (How much secure I was , when i was covered by her caring hands...She knows there were eagles ,flying around over the top).. Then a Market sarkkeetu, On 8’0 clock a cricket Match, Then moving to the world of ‘Snake and Ladder’...Then one Town rounds at the evening..... Saturdays always had full of fun n life.....Yes Saturday, oru Nalla divasam.....
On that saturday, My time was so bad...You know , at ‘98’ a long snake was there....its tail ends in 11...Who didn’t feel bad....If three times moving down and playing from 11..never won a single game...Nalla Arisham undu....(Brotherine Adichittu... .’snake and ladder’ paper valichu keeri.... Odiyaalo ennu thonni...But He was a ‘Sumo Thadiyan...’. So cheriya oru fear,)
He was challenging for another play...I accepted...Again threw the Dice...Moved the buttons through the Numbers....( I don’t know the permutations and combinations at that time :otherwise I’ll try some Mathematics. ..)I heard a call from the verandha. “Ammaaa… Vallathum Tharane....”We never mind....Give one strange look and again went back to moving the buttons through the numerals....
(He was looking like a paralysed... walking like some drunkard or kanjaavu; black in colour, From the first sight itself we got a clear picture of the person...Didn’ t see water for last three months, Very pathetic look....Half dressed...and a ‘Mundu’ was tied with some rope...One hand was not moving...He hold the cloth with other hand, walking with the right leg which is always in front...His colour ‘n’ Mundinte colour were having some good match...Like a workshop mechanic.)
Mother gave some food to him...His eating gestures tell to us that “I didn’t have it for the last two weeks”.
We can hear the sound of serving food for him...”Kurachu Idly koodi tharatte...”He might move his head like a pendulum...We were still playing the ‘Pambum yeniyum’ I was at 97 ...I prayed not to get One while throwing Dice...When it was up...Mothers call came...”Da onnu Vanne”....But Kettilla ennu nadichu....
Dice karangi Onnil thanne veenu...I moved my blue button back to ‘11’.”Eda onnu varaanalle paranjathu.. ..”
“Enthuvaame.. .Kalikkanum Sammadhikkilla...” “Da, Bhikshakkarante Mundu Azhinju poyi...Onnu ketti kodukkada...”I looked through the front window...I was seeing his actual ‘roopam’ at that time. “Enikku Vallatha Arappu thonni...Some Bad smell too...”My Mother called me to do the favour (she was expecting from me...) I hesitated... But I was sympathetic on his inability... (Pinne Valiya karyam Aayi poyi…. Sympathy...? ) Suddenly my brother went near to him and tied his cloth....... He hold his hand and helped him to walk near to the Water tap... Cleaned his hands.... I got shocked...My eyes filled with tears...On that day I was very proud of him… Mother gave one old shirt to him...He was carried the shirt on his shoulder and tried to say something to my brother...and walked away like a ‘pizza tower’. Charinju... charinju...On that day I understood the exact difference of sympathy n compassion.. ..
On that afternoon we went to town to purchase some stationery.. ..On the way...we saw him again...Still the shirt was on his shoulder...walking on the burnt road with his bare feet....His eyes were locked on us....He strained much to give a smile of gratitude... .My brother smiled back... Njanum (Vallatha lejjayode).. ..From the paralysed cheek, we had seen a Smile...Smile of God!
(God, I know…Ninte ‘Picha’ anallo ente Jeevan)
Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin
Da, I was very sorry to u.....You may remember our old PDC story...gave ur English Tuition fee and told..”Da, Nee Ammayodu paranjille “ Arun publicationinte “ Entrance Text book...Please purchase with this Money” It may help ur Entrance dreams...”Appol ninte English tuition ..”Njan Kayarunilla. ...” Among us, one is enough to take the notes.
I am remembering, Ottum ulippillathe I took the Rs.400 from you...Now, what I am is ur Sacrifice...
With love
Sunu
Email to my brother....which I sent on the day,I got my first Job

(Subin, I got a call from him in the Midnight….He needs 150 Dirhams…He was telling, it is very urgent for me….Some how I arranged it within One day, since I know he is in Visit Visa…and still didn’t get a Job….May be it was needed for his survival…Later I came to know, It was not for him but for his friend…I can’t able to understand his mind…His concern….is touching
Njanum Orthu..He called me also to Dammam; several times on the same financial need…I was always ready for that…Alla, Avan ente Twin brother alle …Njan Ayachu koduthu….
“Innu Enikku Koritharikkunada; Onnum ninakku vendi allayirunallo. .!)
How much lap still I have to run to catch You,

No comments: