Sunday, July 6, 2008

From & To..All about Letters

To Mrs. JamesonBagni di Lucca: October 1, [1849].

"There seems to be a fatality about our letters, dearest friend, only the worst fate comes to me! I lose, and you are near losing! And I should not have liked you to lose any least proof of my thinking of you, lest a worst loss should happen to me as a consequence, even worse than the loss of your letters;

....Your ever affectionate
Elizabeth browning

Dear JY,
Whose Mind doesn’t feel happy by seeing a personal mail or a card; I’m one among them (and hate forwards; even it is nice)…I’m remembering the first letter from my father and my brothers comment
(“Appa ikku snehamillengilum, His Pen inu Nalla Snehamaanu”.)

Dear Sunumon,
Ayacha letter kitti.Vivarangal arinjathil santhoshikkunnu. Friends okke enthu parayunu.Appachanum ammachiyum sugham aayirikkunnu alle. Pinne studies il kure koodi sradhikkanam. Cricketil mathram sradha ullathu nallathalla. Pappayudeyum Ammayudeyum buthimuttukoodi manasilaaki jeevikkanam. Ammayodu vazhakkundakkaruthu .kurachu anusaranayum daivabakthiyum ullathu nallathaanu.
E Friday njan Muscatinu pokum. Evide summer start cheythu..kadutha choodaanu..So climate changeinte kure arogya prashanagalum… This weekend Muscat palliyil pokunudu…Monum Sunday palliyil pokunudallo…Alle
Mattu visheshangal onnum thanne illa…Avashyangal ezhuthan marakkaruthu

Snehapoorvam
Swantham Appa.

I still don’t know why my mother kept my father’s all letters under her sleeping bed (hobby?) (These Letters have an age of 25 years)…Recently (during my vacation) we have read all the mails loudly…It brought some big fun in the home (But reveals some light on 25 years history of my parent’s life) Their anxieties, worries, dreams, advises, Jokes, our misbehaviors…

My first letter was a universal Leave letter.
I am publishing my first Leave letter (teacher’s favorite letter). (Actually this letter (typical) was written by me and signed by my sister, on behalf of my mother)….

To
Mrs.Suja.P,
Class Teacher, STD VI-B,
Holy Angel’s EMHS Adoor.

As my Son was suffering from fever and headache, Please grand him a leave on 22/01/1994.

Adoor Yours Faithfully
23/01/1994 SD/-



Birthday cards/Farewell cards

Dear, I got a lot of Birthday cards, Christmas wishes in my childhoods from my uncle. I got wonder by seeing some personal cards which remind me that “they have a concern on me….” (This is an era of forwards n junk mails, Arkko vendi ayakkunu;)

I never thought it was a trap to put my DOB in the half wormed old JY Diary. On every Wednesday, Group was celebrating the birthdays. (On those Wednesdays, I was a good Mittayi kothiyan (Really I ‘m a fan of Lacto king); even I would take more than 10 ‘tiffanies’ at a time, naanam illalo parayaan; Athe)
On the birthday week, I never hesitated to go on Wednesdays to group. Looking for the time to receive my birthday card. In the background of the birthday music’s, jumped from the bench to collect (With some childish smile) from a girl. I opened it and ate the wish which was written; read it again…n again. I loved the group for this reason; Group always had a personal look on us.

Two rare ‘card’ Memories

Once Group forgot to celebrate Jimesh(2004) birthday…I don’t know how it felt for him, On that Birthday evening, When he was in my hostel room. JYians came to him and told the beautiful word in the dictionary to him…Had sung the birthday song for him….n gave one good book with title “Day today Saints”…

Once I had gone to Ekm for my company needs, In that night I went to Sebin’s Hostel for a bed space (He was in kalamassery at that time)JYian, Very nice fellow; even though he is short …friends was calling him as Tiger…We had a long talk on that night in the hostel terrace regarding my job, politics (Oppositions) ,….palathum…
B4 going to sleep he showed me a card from his Bible, which JY given for him on Farewell day. That Card was full of good praises about him. I felt he is keeping the card as a Certificate of Merit. “Subin, Look what our juniors wrote about me”

I have some good interest to do some creative cards, I tried some on papers, Its fate also seems like my singing…

Three people, beautiful card designers….
Sona Victor (That Christmas Cards, with santaclaus, 2001)
Reenu ‘n’ her elder Sister (2002 farewell cards),
Jeane Anne (Birthday cards)

Hey, I want to thank God for that beautiful soul who put the idea of celebrating Birthdays in groups. Sometimes that small, Rs.10 card shows your deep affection…Thank u so much 4 ur celebration on my Birthday!

Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin

On everyone’s birthday, in hostel (fire house) there was a lot of funs were happened….
One is Egg Abishekam (How many times did I took bath, you know on that day.But still the rotten smell is there), Pillow beating(Mr.’Pahayan’ maarku ,Have no mercy), All funs cannot be wrriten down here… strictly censored
Birthday Blunder

On the last week of one September,I went to H&C bookstore ,palarivattom to select a birthday card. I busily took one by seeing the Heading “Birthday wishes”. I sent that card to Mrs.Deepti Jose. After getting, she called me…
Eda ninte card kittito…Atheyo… .
Thanks, Pinne athu Nee enikku thanne aano ayache…what happened, Oh onnum illa…

“Sweetness of wish alpam koodi poyo ennu …..”

Njan Chammi…!

No comments: