Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lully, Lullay, thou little tiny child

Drama Scene 1


King Herod: Kill all male children upto two years of old 


Courters: King!! 


King Herod(Roaring):It is better the innocent should die; than guilty should escape 


An Old man : Children of two years..Oh No.... my Majesty 


King Herod: I’m not ready to share my world with an infant; There is no room for two kings in Israel 


(Background Music) Children are crying; Mothers are weeping 


(Background Illustration) Cries from Rama; Rachel is lamenting about her children; Prophesy of Jeremiah is fulfilled. 


Choir is singing the Coventry Carol 


Lully, Lullay, thou little tiny child.
Bye, bye, lully, lullay.
Lullay thou little tiny child
Bye, bye, lully, lullay 


Herod the King, in his raging,
Charged he hath this day;
His men of might, in his own sight,
All young children to slay.


Dear JY, 

Param; My friend 


                  He is an Electrical designer, ascended from one Karwar Brahmin family. Since we joined together in the last company; It was easy to build the relationship with him. We became good friends by the extreme diversities of character than the similar behavioural patterns.  


                  Our common doings were making fun of others. Once we made a fun with our Engineering Manager. He is having one 85 model Car. We know he won’t change the car as well as doesn’t have the ‘shame’ on coming in such an old model. But we felt ‘shame’ by seeing this executive personality in the ‘Bullock cart’. So put a sticker on his vehicle on last April fool. “CAR FOR SALE” along with his contact number. On that day, Our ‘Poor’ Manager was tired of answering the enquires. 


                We used to have some good and quality fights on the current politics, religion or on economic issues. His stand was always with the ‘Saffron’ and would make sharp statements which will ripple for times. When I fought with him on Orissa issues. He told to me loudly, we will kill all Christians. Our land is land of my religion. People, He never hides his anger; Showed in front of anyone. I respected him since He was not caged by ‘IMAGE’


               Really he was a tough person for tough people. The Mettle of our Managers was competing, when they dealt with him. He always put logical lies to back up his statements and even in design too. Normally people didn’t have good answers to him. 


But for me He is Just like the Coconut from our fields; with a hard wrap but full of sweet inside.. 


            On one evening, by giving two pieces of biscuits, he told me “Today was my birthday”. I couldn’t believe that. However I wished him. I sent one mail to our company colleagues saying that “Today Mr. Param has crossed 35 years; please wish him”. He became angry by getting the birthday wishes. He was irritated by seeing the age. I still don’t know why peoples get annoyed by hearing their age..(My Grandmother didn’t increase her age even by one for the last 16 years. In 90’s I asked her age..She told me ‘73’.Last vacation also, I asked, Oh 73 aayi. Since ‘Telling lie’ is a hereditary disease; so I have been telling to my friends for last three years that I’m 23 only.) 


                After three months, he brought another sweets and distributed to all in the company. I asked him.. So your second birthday in this year, rite?.But he closed his small eyes and put a cute smile on his face. After an hour he called me near to his seat .He tilted the monitor and showed a fotograph of his family. You know, this girl who is sitting on the bed is my sister...Ok...But Boss, you have only two brothers. Rite. Yes, this girl is our adopted sister. We are bringing up her for the last 19 years. Today she is getting married. 



 

All she needs a secure future; Sponsor a Child—Ad on the net 

 

Ennu Snehapoorvam 

Subin 


Drama: Scene 2 


King Herod (confessing): I spoiled my name in the pages of History...Hey people, But I am afraid of New Herod... 


(Herod is walking anxiously on the stage...)  


Audience : murmuring 


King Herod(after a bit silence): And is YOU...Abortion, Child abuse, Famine, .


Audient (Full of ‘water’ from the back seats): Azhiiiiiiichu videdaaaaaaaaa enneeeeee....Kure kaalam aayi...... 


 


 


 


 




 














1 comment:

Ahamed Ali said...

A poster ottichathu ningalayirunnallee?


our manager still asking abt it??//