Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Candles


Hope, My belief is…..If you want to be Hopeful, things which are happening at your home or at your neighborhood, or even around the globe should tells us that ‘Yes, your situation will change’.. Is it right? Or HOPE is something beyond the Situations…

Dear JY,

On one evening I traveled by a Taxi from my office to my apartment, which was driven by one ‘Pakistani’ .I was a little scared of his outward appearance with turban and a long beard…(News which are hearing even from my state is about the terrorism).. I took a long breath to get some courage (Ravi Shankerji’s tip) and sat as if the most courageous man…with folded hands… Meanwhile I read his name from the laminated Driver’s ID…. Muhammad zakir Ahmed zakir Muhammad Hussein...Fear was gradually developing in my mind …But I tried my level best not to show the emotion on my face….As usual we stuck in the Traffic for a good long time. To break the silence b/w us. I asked which is your name. He smiled at me…Oh, Njan Happy aayi… “Muhammed zakir is my name… Ahmed zakir is fathers...” I skewed my head ..Pinne, I’ll call you only as SABU…(I told to myself, Otherwise tell me How we can call this big name…..) On the way he gave some helpful information about this crowded city…I asked again, In Pakistan, where you are coming from…..I am from Afghan border…I don’t know from where it was come again …..What? ….. Fear. I moved my eyes to the left corner and looked at him….I asked him You from Vasiristhaan!…. Not exactly, but nearby village…..I was coward enough not to ask any further questions to him…But I was curious….Is it true that Al-Qaida is in Vasiristhan mountain regions….Yes, After a bit silence….He continued….One year and Nine months I was a Warrior….Khallas !! Driver, I would like to get down at nearby stop ,! However I removed my seatbelt….But he is continuing “I don’t know why they are fighting for….They were setting the CD shops into fire, Girls are not allowed to go for education….They are PAGALs…” But that journey leaves a lot of unanswered questions in my mind…Any Good reasons to believe in Human Beings…Someone is telling Terrorism is the outcome of the Policies of Developed nations…On the other hand they are defending their policies by security reasons….Who knows,

After getting down from the taxi, I went to a Malabari T’shop .I took one hot Tea and bought an evening newspaper from there….Night fell on the city and I walked towards my flat…On the way I saw an old handicapped woman with a walking stick was crossing the busy street…Her face was falling down of pain…I freshen up in the night by the beauty of the Moon…Before going to sleep, I opened the newspaper to know whether any relief measures for the Global financial crisis… But my eyes were locked on a sad demise of an young girl and her Father…I read down to the news...I came to know that She was suicide due to her Father’s illness (cancer)… Father’s health was collapsed suddenly by hearing this news and He was also died on the same day…They are from near to my home town. I fell down to deep sorrow …I looked at the pictures of Christ and St.Mary which are hanging on the fairly painted wall….My all thoughts came to one point. Father’s reason to survive and fight against the disease was his beloved daughter…But she never knows that fact…Of course sometimes we are the reasons for others survival…Sometimes We are the Hope for the desperate mind … Sometimes we are the Candles in others deep darkness…Time was travelling deep into the darkness…A song was airing through the FM.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.


On that Night, Before I went to sleep, I had recited Psalms 23 two times.

Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin

But on the next day morning I woke up with the News…OBAMA WON; First Afro-American President…..

I gazed down to the street through the window ….I have seen the same Old Handicapped Woman, crossing the road with her Face Up

No comments: