Saturday, October 11, 2008

Work is Worship

But i say to you when you work , you fulfil a part of earth’s furthest dream assigned to you when that dream was born..!
Work is Love made visible..... ......... ....

Gibran Poem

Dear JY,

On that interview day ,i weared one offwhite shirt and a cream pants...I looked one more time on the wall mirror..."Ah kuzhappamilla. ."I told loudly,I reached the Alind Campus at around 9:30am.At the gate, a Veerappan security was standing..He asked me.."Engotta, " With all my humbleness(I mean i bowed my head towards him) i told "I have one interview here"...He called to Personnel department.. He allowed me to the Office..I walked with a feeling Poda Verappaa,I have seen, how many like you, No I didn’t tell it loudly( Alla Vivekam venamallo)

I showed my certificate and my C.V,to the interviewer (Mone ,Njangallu ithu pole ethra kandirikkunnu) They didn’t tell to me(Mosham alle),I answered three querys with out any doubt...Oh Your name is Subin?...... MACEil analle padichathu.. ....?On which field you are interested.. .?

(Pinne Thudangiyille Thrishuur pooram..Breakerinte Creepage ariyumo, You know, what is Trip free mechanism, Alla Breaking capacity,Potte Making capacity, Athum allengil BIL...Sheri BSL, Hmm Autorecloser, sectionaliser, Mr enthenngillum opinion parayuuu...Mechanis ms of breakers!... .On load tapchangers. ..PAVANAYI SHAVAM AAYI....hehehe. chumma chirichu...Rekshayi lla...Complete silence...They tried all efforts to take me....Please tell me what is system earthing...Small Murmuring... ...you told that you have experience in substations. .Then tell me what is the fault level of a 220kV substation.. ..(face was showing the sign of pleading)Sir, it is 65kA....Urappaano, Athe, ..Oho then ,%Impedance. ...Sir, Per unit value in %...They took a long breath of comfort...They routed me to mathematics. . Product rule, sum rule(Sir ithokke padikkaan aanu njan ivide interview inu vannathu,Ningalkku ariyathathu ennodu chothichittu valla karyavum undo)

However i got the offerletter as a design &development Engineer in the firm,On the first day i went to the manufacturing unit of MV breakers..I was afraid of the tripping sound of breakers.... DUM..Pedichu poyi....Somebody told Routine test nadakku aanu...Enikku onnum mansilaayilla, Routine test oh..But i acted..Enikku mansillaayi. ..ketto,

I stepped in the development section..(with shivering,Ottum pedichittalla. But 100’s of wires on the testing kit..Tell me the thought of getting shock is Fear!)It was just look like some Lion cage(Actually it was like that, Later i understood those who were sitting inside are big..)I stood by the side of my development manager(Mr.Radhakri shnan).He was checking the damping frequency of the breaker...If you saw my standing gesture. You would ask me... "Alla Mala marikkan Nilkunaano". ...You know people,I want to show my knowledge there....My thought was "how can i reduce the tripping time and closing time of the breaker..Whether the damping is sufficient for the mechanism?". In the middle of the thought, Manager told , Subin "That 16-18 spanner eduthu ah Nut and Bolt Murukikke,"Njan sthabthanaayi (Elephant karyathilaano sir,Oru Chena Kaaryam)..On that day i cursed the time when i joined in the GYM..Njan Shirtinte Kai madakki...I asked in some parithapakaram sound "Sir, Where is the Spanner?"..I started to rotate the spanner...with lack of interest...( At that time Manager was cutting a 4 sqmm cable).Enikku ashwaasamaayi. The very first lesson i studied in my professional career....Ready to do anything, with humbleness,later i set my mind to do fabrication, mechanical assembling,Electric al Assembling, lathe works, even ferulling of the cable ....Never forget the way we worked there....Later Manager taught me the A-Z Concept of the Magnetic Actuator development. ...Very good to work with him on that sleep less nights...

My second lesson...
How ever i find my space in the development team....As usual with all my tharikidas i became a familiar face in the unit from Fabrication to Testing....even to despatch...It was very cool to hear all good stories of experiance peoples technical efforts..They shared with us by great Joy...Even small misbehavior of us would notice by them and asked to change...I learned the ethics of work from the Old ITI people who were sat down with spanner and screw driver....They taught me the alstom designed BLR and BMR mechanisms of Breakers...Degrees never be a hurdle for us to value their knowledge....Subin, Respect,all even the Tea boy

When i left from my home for the first time to the Job ..My Mother told me...Work hard and thus makes the company a little bit better than what it is today...!

On those days i got a craze to learn French(Vere onnum kandilla,padikkaan) .I had one good reason for that...My company had a technical collobaration with Delle Alstom(Now Areva)..It was a french company...My Technical knowledge oh kammi...French engillum padichu .....Frenchil naalu dialogueum (la belle ....sane mercy..)..paranju ,however i want to join...So There was a potti polinja oru Library....caught by an idea of library punarudharanam. ..( enikku french padikkanam Mr.)we put forth infront of the management.. .Managment cleared the fund for that....One week time ....we gave our best efforts .....At the end a good Treat from the company’s pocket....Small efforts leaves great Heartprints. ....

My Reminder.... ..
But Subin kindly remember,... And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy......

Ennu Snehapoorvam
Subin.....

"Lord, My God, Today was a bad day for me...in everysense.. I had nothing to do in that project..I don’t know how long it will continue...I don’t know lord where i am heading towards..... still i’m facing the lack of Technical knowledge bits...Still i’m facing the absence of a good guide in my field....
Moreover, This is cruel to smile in this adversities! Valare low salary,salary creditinu 4 months delay, great responsibilities and commitments, My theatre Dreams,...(Again i looked at the card..I read the words....."My responsibilities are my ambitions... ..").Lord this words are keeping me alive.I’m going to sleep...with the hope of a better Tommorow.... "
Extract from my Diary
Dated 14/05/2005

People, Now Same words are hanging on my room wall..in the shadow of the words, i am writing this letter to you.....

No comments: