Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Love,To my Bobyachan



 For him; but like this, the ways and the words......

Like falling manna; straight to heart. Experiencing the warmth of snow and cool of fire with the words, Short and simple form of God


Dear Friend,


Fr.Boby Jose Kattikadu----First time I heard this man in my college days. On that autumn, he ended his inspiring sermon like this... “Your Words shall be Blessings, Your Touch shall be Healing, and Your See shall be vision.” I’m still feeling the warmth and richness of the words. He modulated his voice in such a way that it was harmonising with the rhythm of the Nature. In the later years i got some audio files of his speeches from my friend. After the radio became obsolete; we came together in front of it only to hear his sweet sermons. I never thought before that, my regional language is having such a quiet nature.


The words which he keeps in his heart are gems of class. You might wonder how he is resonating with the frequencies of words and emotions. Of that reason he is much differ from the contemporary speakers (They may swallow the microphone in front of them).He wraps his words in melodious music and renders a fabulous treat to the listeners. His language is universal and soothing, truthful as well. I always thought that why our generation is fond of him. My inference is his sermons are full of silent revolutions. I damn certain, you never heard before such a different interpretations of the happenings in the Bible. Hear his version of John the Baptist’s Speech; Luke chap.3 verse 5.....5Every valley shall be filled(Drop Our Ego), and every mountain and hill shall be brought low(Go; Go back to our innocence); and the crooked shall be made straight (Be Truthful), and the rough ways shall be made smooth(Live by heart (love))


Or listen to the story of the crippled man sitting near to the pond of Bethsaida... Christ was asking, do you really have a real desire of healing? I felt His question was not relevant to a man who badly lost his 34 years; until I heard from him


I strongly believe that his sermons are not strike to shape from the monastery smithy. It is from the hot realities of the world. He is telling from what he is seeing from the streets of life. Then he is much common with Francis of Assisi. I cannot find any prejudices, any judgements, any indifferences, any wounding, any lies in his language; but only compassions. Even he is afraid to use the word ‘Sin’ Instead he is telling ‘Falling’. But he is annoyed by the uncompassionate & fanatic Christians who are shortened the faith & belief of other communities. His eyes are widely opened so he can see the beauty of rituals and customs. He is romantic with Christ; but he likes Buddha and Krishna. He is prophesying the religion of this century as Zen catholism (Knowledge + Love).He might have a good lateral reading that it fills with folk stories, scientific facts, immortal truths, Social figures and so on. In some extend it helped him to fabricate his Opinions in the light of Christ. Sometimes these opinions are not in line with the thoughts of church too. I saw this recently at the time of rift between church and the Government. But he expressed his views without any hesitation showing how far his words and deeds.


This priest is having a mouthful of words on Christ and Church. Christ as a conscious and church as a culture which nurture this consciousness. These years I have been reading his literary works; Sanchariyude daivam, Hridayavayal and Nilathezhuthu. His books are like ‘the fields’ mentioned in the bible. In the deep, treasures are hiding..



He had brilliantly drawn his mind throughout the pages. The way which the words are used is like a drizzling rain which would moisten our dried heart. It can stretch your folded wings and let you fly like a butterfly under the blue skies...or It would awaken your childhood virtues. Or reminding your boundless possibilities..Or Feels spirituality as nostalgic emotions... It would burn you like fire..Sometimes as a way food for your hungered mind .As V.G Thampi told it may quench your spiritual thirst. The Thirst to know yourself, The Thirst to enjoy in our insecure freedom and The Thirst to stand in front of the eternity. While reading, you can reflect your images as i saw the reflection of kingfisher in that pond. It makes you cry and laugh just like a kid..Vivid and nude! Or even It may haunt you for days...Like the hound of the heaven...You can contented with the thoughts of Water, Earth, Light & Life....


Open your ears, when he is saying A Traveller has his spirituality. Later I knew the traveller is he himself. Feel the comfort when he is saying that Crippled sheep and dove with broken wings having space in God’s heart., Later I am deciding to respect everyone when he is advising there is a ‘Guru’ behind all faces. I heard, Hey, Mister Look at the birds in the skies; I felt ashamed of my greed. My air has gone when i read that my egos are just air bubbles. There are tears in spirituality; when we are getting the undeserving gifts. I don’t know why it makes me crying! .He is complaining Men are hiding their love under some masks... I removed my masks and laughed at it...He taught me how to look at a woman by the story of a monk who lived at the mountain top... He asked me to do what you know, that is the most beautiful prayer. Then I start Writing. He is portraying the beauty of Death by telling about his friend, Anto. I am aware that every moment, I’m living as well as dying. He is saying in loud about the meaning of Sex and it holistic nature. Look your children with wonders; That is his lullaby. He explains when is your companion becomes your psychic need. Always Mariyam reminds him as the Rain in the twilight. I kneeled before her with reverence. Then he is throwing a pebble of question, who can forget a man who gives a Supper to remember him. He silently compels me to say ‘Manase’ to the unforgiving ones. My eyebrows stretched when he is asking to keep a fire in your words too. Silence doesn’t mean approval; but it means I’m dead... He is reciting a psalm for the rains..I am echoing the psalm from the far...because it fills my heart with memories..At the end he is concluding Love your life, with all its sour and sweet; Life is beautiful; It is divine, if somebody there to love you...He is praising My soul mate, you are God’s Fingers. From the deepest heart he is yelling...I love a man uncertain of his ends, like a fruit tree in April- About his fellow priests. There are endless thoughts to live by... He leads me to the streams of Grace...


No, I didn’t see him yet..I like to meet him in the coming winter.............Just to hug him and to whisper at his ear “My Christ in my Times”



Guru Dhevo Bhava!


My Love to You


Subin


 My greatest tragedy will be if I feel His absence, when i close my eyes



 


No comments: