Monday, May 11, 2009

Prey

   I don’t know, whether this world is dark or I’m blind...

Dear Friend,

         With my broken English,On that day I shared my heart with that old English priest. He heard my confessions with much compassion and started his advise by saying ’beautiful one’. But it takes an year or more to go near to the Confession box for the next. But I have a lot of Small and good reasons for the long vacations, of course reason was not the time.

        But In this Holy week, priest advised and prepared us for the yearly confession. He shared the beautiful tale of Fr. Damien’s last confession with us. Deeply moving story goes like this…..

……….He hungered above all for a priestly companion to whom he could confess and receive the Sacrament of Penance. During one time when the isolation policy was being strictly enforced, a ship's captain, reacting to the government's orders, forbade Damien's bishop to disembark on Molokai. In order to see the bishop, Damien sailed out to the boat. The captain refused Damien's request to board. The priest pleaded in vain with the captain, saying that he wanted to confess his sins. "Bishop," the priest called to the boat, "will you hear my confession from here?" The bishop consented, and Damien in an exercise of humility that touched all who witnessed it, confessed his sins aloud to the bishop.

    On that Saturday night I was queued up in front of the priest for the confession. It was pretty big ‘Q’. So I pushed off the time by listing out my shortcomings in this journey on the Earth. As the time passes, an err was bubbled up from the bottom and

....I pronounced it as S-I-L-E-N-C-E

I thought in my childhoods that, as the people are growing up, they would be wise; But now I understood that, it is not so!

          My Dead Silence on…a Civil war where causalities and losses can be numbered as 80,000 killed overall by end of 2008 (including civilians);.25-year war in which U.N. data showed nearly 6,500 civilians have been killed in the last three months. A few kilometers (miles) from the front, thousands of refugees languished in the blazing tropical sun awaiting transport away from the battle zone. This is the statistics on Sri Lankan Civil War. But not ended yet.

As a peeper, who peeps the world through the broken window, There I have seen a Government who Sponsors Crime, an Ethnic group who creates a country inside a Country, A Neighboring Nation who shut her Mouth so tight on the injustice and thousands of Innocents who lost their everything, even their right to live in between the Sea and the Devil.  

 

 

 

 

  


 




But you know, All these days I lived and slept as if nothing happened around the Globe..

My Love to You
Subin


 


 

I know, I keep my silence until; someone points his Gun towards ME.

 


             


 


No comments: