Saturday, August 29, 2009

One day

Mother gave me birth to these dusty Earth;


My first cry raised the cries of these lands,


Opened my windows to a mysterious world;


Saw a few happy people around me!


But, I never cared these people in my life.



 


Waited some seasons to change;


From brown to green; and to yellow..


On that autumn, I walked out from my home;


To stay alone at the top of the dead woods in peace..


But still could hear the cries of these land;


But still could see the tears of the faces.


 


I flee from there to the mountain tops,


Hided in the dark caves for the peace.


But still could hear the cries of these land;


But still could see the tears of the faces.


 


I flied from there to the endless skies.


White clouds fashioned beauty to my eyes,


Stars at night, called on my sky abodes,


They enlightened my gloomy face


There were no cries to hear; no tears to see either.


Loved my new citizenships!


 


One day, shadows of death fell on my heart.


 I fell down from the skies of pride to this modest land.


 


Then,


Walked through the busy streets of my town


Was seeing thousands of alien faces;


Anxious and gloomy; curious and sad


But they never bothered each other!


 


There was an abbey at the corner of the street;


 Among the old men; I just stood in the front,


Chanted with them, the heavenly praises,


“Holy”, Holy”, “Holy”; from my heart.


I never worshiped like before.


 


My Childhood school was at its premises,


Walked through its long verandas


Sound of my boots, Stopped their learning


They peeped at me through the wooden windows


I heard a familiar call from the classroom, in delight.


My dear child, ”Where are you now”


Years after, I felt like a school boy again


 


My Home was not so far from the school.


Took the same old ways, which we used long years ago,


To reach at my lovable home...


From the far, I knew my cottage; Since time didn’t alter its beauty!


As I knocked its wooden door, My eyes was filled with tears of love.


So couldn’t see their cute faces!


Took their old wrinkled hands in my palm; my brought up hands.


I kissed it like never before.


 


One day, I fell down from the skies of my pride;


When the shadows of death fell on my heart!


 


My love to you


Subin


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


No comments: